Anthony Rickey's litigation portfolio includes the representation of businessmen, investors, shareholders and directors in complex corporate and commercial cases. He has represented corporate clients in federal and state courts, including the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Anthony focuses on cases relating to the fiduciary duties of corporate directors and representative plaintiffs. In addition to fiduciary duty actions, he has handled an array of business cases such as contract litigation, internal corporate investigations, trust litigation and employment disputes.
Before starting Margrave Law in August 2015, Anthony practiced as an associate at law firms in New York and Wilmington, Delaware. He began his legal career as a clerk to former Chancellor William B. Chandler, III of the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Anthony is admitted to the bars of the States of New York and Delaware and the District of Columbia, and is a graduate of Columbia Law School and Oxford University.
- Represented corporations and directors in defense of shareholder class actions and derivative litigation.
- Represented and counseled special committees of independent directors assigned to respond to pre-suit stockholder demands.
- Represented plaintiffs in direct and derivative disputes against corporate fiduciaries.
- Represented corporate defendants in response to demands for appraisal and appraisal litigation.
- Represented target company resisting an attempted hostile takeover in expedited litigation before the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2006
- Oxford University, B.A. (Japanese Studies), 1997
- Delaware, 2007
- New York, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2015
- Southern District of New York
- District of Delaware
Will Trulia Drive "Merger Tax" Suits Out of Delaware?, Washington Legal Foundation (April 29, 2016).
Fee Shifting May Disrupt Delaware's Dominance, Law360.com (Mar. 13, 2015).
Manufacturing Mystery: A Response to Professors Carney and Shepherd’s “The Mystery of Delaware Law’s Continuing Success,” 2009 U. Ill. L. Rev. 95 (2009) (with William B. Chandler III).
Loving Couples, Split Interests: Tax Planning in the Fight to Recognize Same-Sex Marriage, 23 Berkeley J. Gender L. & Just. 145 (2008).